The evenings are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer, and the days are getting brighter: it's time to start taking our lunches and early evening suppers outside.
This super simple meal is perfect for those weekday evenings when you want to be out basking in the sunshine, with a light, nourishing and refreshing meal, spending as little time as possible in the kitchen. You can easily double up on the recipe to make it for all the family, or a group of friends: it's the quickest and easiest of crowd pleasers.
Chilli & Ginger Salmon with Basmati Rice and Miso Tasty Soup
2 x salmon fillets
1 small knob of ginger
1 red chilli
2 tbsp soy sauce
Splash of lime juice
1 cup of basmati rice
2 x Miso Tasty Classic Shiro Miso Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC
2. Finely slice the chilli and ginger, and mix it with the soy sauce and lime juice
3. Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins
4. Meanwhile cook the rice according to packet instructions
5. When the salmon and rice are almost ready, make up the Miso Tasty soup following the on-pack instructions.
6. Serve the salmon on top of the rice and the miso soup in a bowl or mug on the side.