This miso dish is quick to make and perfect as a side dish served with fish or chicken, or as simple and deeply moreish snack. The walnut miso sauce is also great as a dip for raw vegetables and keeps for a week when covered in the fridge.
Green Bean salad with Roast Walnut Miso Dressing
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tbs of Miso Tasty white miso paste
- 2 tbs mirin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6 tbs water
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Cook the green beans in salted boiling water for 3 minutes until al dente, then drain and cool with cold running water.
- Toast the walnuts on a tray in the oven for 5 minutes until golden, taking care not to burn them.
- Whilst the walnuts are cooling, make the sauce; mix the miso with the mirin, sugar and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Once the walnuts are cooled, bash them roughly with a rolling pin so that you have regular size crumbs before mixing it in with the miso sauce
- Add the water slowly to loosen the paste mixture. It should have a houmous-like texture.
- When ready to serve, mix the green beans and walnut miso sauce in a mixing bowl until the green beans are all covered lightly in the dressing.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds